Friday, June 24, 2011

Boys Like To Sew, Too ...


Boys like to sew to -- once they give it a chance ... and depending on their age, are convinced that Mom hasn't lost her mind asking them to try. Boys like to sew.



They are not being too "girly" by trying.  After all, surgeons sew stitches into patients, and there’s nothing girly about that!

Men who sew include veterinarians, dental surgeons, and shoe cobblers.


What about tailors in high-end men’s clothing stores?


Or male fashion designers. A lot of them learned to sew.

Has this got you thinking?

If you have a boy you are just itching to teach, I say go for it!

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. When I home schooled my boys through their elementary years this was one of the life skills that they learned. I taught them how to sew on a button, how to hem and how to sew a straight line on the sewing machine. I think its important for them to at least know "how to" rather than not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree! Those are all good life skills to have; good for you for thinking!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)